Redesign and blend of models such Panther and Tiger from the 2ww . Lowpoly tank. ZBrush, MAYA, PS. Look development at the prototype of a batch of vehicles.
2.7k triangles, 2k PBR texture maps
Online 3d models of this can be visited at my Sketchfab profile or
Some of you had asked for wires of the assets at Alien:Isolation. There you go. Screenshots of a bit of my work from max’s viewport. Simple rig of lights and auto AO. No radiosity, no shadows. Medium poly geometry, modular assets, hard surface modelling.
Soon I will update a compaliton of (already in internet) screenshoots of the areas I had worked at during this 4 years of development. Habitation, hospital, android lab, part of engineering and ship….
I hope you’ll enjoy playing as I did working in it.
C&c as always welcomed.
I just started another diorama , W.I.P. at modelling stage just yet and I chucked some geo at Sketchfab using the 3dmax exporter from them web. It solved all the troubles of exporting (channels not showing, baking, uv) in one click. For “clay renders” realtime is the faster I experienced.
https://skfb.ly/BK9F Link to Sketchfab, realtime online 3d viewer.
Tonite I finished the central piece beefing up an old 3d concept of a 2ww UFO . More updates to come soon.
A 2d sketch can be found here
Here you have an update from the scout mech . Testing some colors and materials. Rendered in Vray for look development. Final materials will be realtimey physics based materials.
To full resolution click in the image
Blueprints and sketches here
This is one of these designs that keeps coming back at your drawing pad. I already got two takes on it.
First sketch was shaded fingering over a tablet with Sketchbook Express. The second, with more functional mechanics, had been shaded with grey water based markers and a paint rollback highlighter
Then it took very little to made me model some pieces in 3dmax.
Those new sketches are compiled at 2d Works&Sketches page in this same blog.
As always C&C very welcomed
Here you have a look development of a chibi tank. Trying to get the used, slightly damaged shader with procedural maps in Vray.
Sketch from the drawing pad, fingerpainted on a tablet, modeled and rendered in max vray. There are no textures per se or uvmap set yet, just messin’ around with procedural textures in displ map and some dirt map in the shader.
T model is based in a classic Sherman a la superdeformed
Couple of renders with Vraytoon effect.
Now is time to finish up the modular houses for the project. These come in in 3 flavours. Little house of the prairie (very lowpoly, some boxes with alpha and difuses), red forest cabin a la sweden( closest to the camara, with some kind of lowpoly interior) and Fachwerkhäuser watermill and town houses close to the castle ( tudoresque style but germanic, very modular to create several variations)
Here some hightpoly examples realtime. Quite quick to assemble once you did create a library of small assets (planks, bricks, beams) .Shaders are WIP. Dont mind the tree, that was an early test.
The texture maps had been created from zbrush highpoly models then baked to extract normal/AO and hand painted in PS in cartonish stile.